Skip to content Accessibility info

Specialty Insurance

Trucking | SR-22 | Restaurant | More

The Insurance Place offers specialized insurance advice to a wide range of industries. We excel in providing complete trucking, SR-22, restaurant, nonprofit, contractors, and technology insurance solutions.

The agents at The Insurance Place understand the complexities of California business insurance. Contact us today to schedule a comprehensive insurance review and find out what we can do for you.

At The Insurance Place, our independent agents have a broad range of trucking insurance products available for our San Diego clients. Whether you need owner operator insurance, motor carrier insurance, or private carrier insurance, we can help you find the right policy. We start by making sure you meet the minimum liability requirements for trucking in California. Liability insurance is required by law when you operate a commercial truck, just like it is for driving your personal vehicle.


An SR-22 isn’t a type of insurance. Rather, it’s a certificate that you file with the state of California to demonstrate that you meet the minimum auto insurance coverage. This is sometimes also known as a “certificate of financial responsibility” or “SR-22 bond.”

This form is typically ordered by the state via the Department of Motor Vehicles or by a court of law. There are numerous reasons you might be required to file an SR-22

No two restaurants are exactly alike. A trendy downtown bar has very different insurance needs from a fast-food franchise, and a coffee shop has different liability concerns than a bar and grill. The Insurance Place has insurance solutions for all types of California restaurants, bars, cafes, food trucks and more.

Our professional insurance agents will take the time to learn about your business and recommend a tailored insurance policy to address the needs of your unique operations. Contact us today to find out more.


If you operate a nonprofit, you need the assistance of qualified insurance agent that understands the needs of 501(c)3 organizations.

The Insurance Place works with insurance companies who offer specialized coverage to insure you, your board of directors, your volunteers and the people you serve.

The good work perpetuated by your nonprofit can be endangered by a number of risks. With the right insurance coverage, you can keep up the good fight without losing sleep over a disaster or potential lawsuit.

Whether you focus on a single trade, such as plumbing or electrical maintenance, or provide a wide menu of services, our experienced agents will take the time to learn your unique business and recommend contractors insurance solutions that fit your needs.

We focus on building long-term relationships, and as your company grows and changes, we’ll provide rate and coverage reviews to help you protect your bottom line. Contact us to find out how we can help your business succeed.


Your IT company faces different risks than companies in other industries. The Insurance Place offers policies to address the specific concerns of technology companies — whether you operate a sole proprietorship out of your basement or an IT firm in a downtown office.

As your California IT business expands and the landscape of corporate technology evolves, our experienced insurance agents will review your policy with you and provide recommendations for new or updated coverage. Contact us to find out more about how we can help.