There’s nothing more fun than taking your boat out on the Pacific or on the lakes in the San Diego area. But it’s more relaxing when you know your property is covered in case of emergency and that you, your passengers, and other boaters are protected from liability in the event of an accident.
At The Insurance Place, our independent agents have a large selection of boat insurance products for you. We’d love the chance to talk with you about how you use your boat, so together we can find an affordable policy that still covers everything you need protected.
First, we address four main concerns for boaters:
- Agreed value coverage: the value of your boat should you have to file a claim
- Navigational area: where you intend to use your boat, whether inland or on the open ocean
- Deductible: the amount you pay out of pocket in the event you have to file a claim before your policy kicks in
- Liability coverage: not mandated in California, but a smart purchase to cover injury, medical payments, and other damages for you, your passengers, and other boaters out on the water with you (including uninsured boaters)
Next, we’ll discuss the many other elements of boat insurance available, including:
- Physical damage coverage: covers repair or replacement of your boat, including the motor, trailer, and other attached equipment
- Unattached equipment coverage: for oars, lifesaving equipment, etc.
- Personal effects: protects items on board, such as clothing, sporting gear, and mobile devices
- Fuel spill liability and wreckage removal: to clean up and remove fuel and sunken parts of a boat, which may be required by law
- Emergency assistance: just like roadside assistance for a car, provides gas, a replacement battery, or a tow back to shore
There are many ways to protect your investment and cover yourself from liability, and we’ll make sure all your questions are answered. Reach out online for a quote or give us a call at 760-643-2100 to discuss your boat insurance policy. We want you to always enjoy your time on the water safely and responsibly.